Friday, April 15, 2016

Firestorm by Andrew Lane!!


Hello Bookworms!,

         I have a book review for you today! This one is another book in a series that I have been reading (in between other things ;) ). Today we return to the Young Sherlock Holmes series written by Andrew Lane! The installment? Fire Storm!

 

Summary

          In Fire Storm by Andrew Lane, young Sherlock's friend and her father have vanished. Their house looks as if nobody has ever lived in it; the neighbors claim never to have heard of them. Sherlock begins to doubt his sanity, until a clever clue points him to Scotland. Following that clue leads him into a mystery that involves kidnapping, bodysnatchers, and a man who claims he can raise the dead. Only the budding detective Sherlock can untangle the mind-bending--and dangerous--puzzles that ensnare his friends. Think you know Sherlock Holmes? Think again! (Summary obtained from Amazon.com)

Review

          I am completely serious when I say that I have not yet read a book in this series that I have not thoroughly enjoyed (and that includes the ones I’ve read since Fire Storm!) Andrew Lane has a way of creating an intricate mystery, whose solution borders on the absolutely unbelievable! And yet, all the intertwined details work! There’s no way that the mysteries are not solved exactly how Lane tells us they are! These mysteries test the boundaries of the famous Sherlock Holmes quote “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth”. And be warned, the truth in these cases is as “improbable” as it gets!! But that’s what makes it an adventure!

          I was almost put off by the storyline about ghosts. I am not a fan of the paranormal as an explanation for anything, but reader, trust me when I say, keep reading ghosts and all!! It is well worth it!

          These books are the perfect thing to keep your mind engaged and entertained no matter your age! As I have said before, I feel that these books are PERFECT for boys who don’t like to read because “reading is boring”. These stories are FAR from boring! They are also probable what one would look for to engage dyslexic readers. There is always something of interest to keep pushing them to read just one more page.

          Fire Storm by Andrew Lane was so entertaining and mind-boggling that my only complaint was that it ended so soon! But don’t be sad that Fire Storm has ended! That just means you can move forward to the other books in the series! Read Fire Storm by Andrew Lane! You won’t be disappointed.

Buy a copy of Fire Storm

 



Until Next Time,

                Lizzie <3

1 comment:

Monika said...

I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.