Monday, February 20, 2012

The Beloved Invader- Eugenia Price

Hello Again readers!!
    I have finished reading the last book in the St. Simons Island Trilogy and I'm ready to review!

Summary:
      The Beloved Invader follows the story of Anson Dodge, a young man from New York, who only came down to St. Simons Island to see his father and prove to himself that he is nothing like him before going home to marry his fiancee Ellen. While he is there, he forms a strong friendship with the Gould family. For some reason, Anson feels a strong love for the Island and its inhabitants. Anson had always had a close relationship with the Lord and was willing to do His will. Little did he know what the Lord was going to do with his life at the little church on St. Simons Island.

Review:
     I must admit that I have mixed feelings about the final book in the St. Simons Island trilogy. It will keep your attention and you will love it for sure, but you love the characters so much that the low points in their lives will tug at your heartstrings. It is honestly the saddest story in the whole Trilogy but at the same time the most wonderful. Anson's internal dialogue playes a huge part in what makes this story so wonderful. You find yourself routing for Anson through it all.
     I give this particular book 5 bookmarks. I give the whole series 5 bookmarks as well. This is a series you will definitely want to add to your collection at home and share with your family and friends.

A note: you can see Christ Church, St. Ignatious, the lighthouse, and visit the graves of each and every family member and Eugenia Price herself on St. Simons Island, Georgia. I know, I have been there myself and it was a wonderful experience. It will really bring the trilogy to life for you. I'll be sure to post the pictures of my own trip to St. Simons soon!!

What's Next?
My first summer pick of 2012!! In the Shadow of the Sun King- Golden Keyes Parsons!



No comments: