Monday, October 21, 2013

The Lightkeeper's Daughter by Colleen Coble


Hello Bookworms,
        I have a review of a wonderful piece of inspirational historical fiction for you today. It is a work that I very much enjoyed reading and I cannot wait to read more by this author. Today’s review is of The Lightkeeper’s Daughter (A Mercy Falls Novel) by Colleen Coble!

 

Summary:
          Addie Sullivan grew up living and working at her parents’ lighthouse. When her father passed away of consumption, life got significantly harder. Addie’s mother, Josephine Sullivan, is much too hard on now 25 year old Addie. However, the faith that Addie’s father passed on to her keeps her strong. When a strange man is hurt and nursed back to health at the lighthouse, he delivers life changing news: Addie’s father and mother are not her real father and mother and Addie is actually the daughter of a very rich man. As Addie learns more about her real family, things aren’t adding up. Who can she trust? And who is in on a plot to stop her happy reunion with her father?  Things are taking a violent turn and Addie must find the truth before it is too late.

 

Review:
        I had seen and heard of Colleen Coble and her writing but I had never read any of it. So when I found one of her books in a local dollar store (I’m all about supplying myself with good books at the cheapest possible prices) I couldn’t pass it up. I’m glad I didn’t pass it up! Mrs. Coble’s story was fast paced, interesting, suspenseful, and fun. Every character is a wonderful addition to the plot of the story even Addie’s dear, gifted dog, Gideon. After reading this book by Colleen Coble, I am ready to get my hands on more of her books. There are at least two other books that revolve around lighthouses ( a personal favorite setting for me) but for those who enjoy different setting, Mrs. Coble has written books set in other places including her Rock Harbor series, Aloha Reef Series, and books set in Alaska, the Lonestar state (Texas area), and more. I think Mrs. Coble has something more almost everyone! I highly recommend “The Lightkeeper’s Daughter” by Colleen Coble! I also recommend everyone to check out Mrs. Coble’s other works as well! J

No comments: