Monday, August 4, 2014

Curious by Rebecca Front


Hello again bookworms,

        Today I have a book review I’d like to share with you! Fans of Rebecca Front (Jean Innocent from Inspector Lewis) you’re going to want to listen up! Today I’m reviewing Curious by Rebecca Front!

Summary

        Sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction and Rebecca Front has the stories to prove it. In Curious, Mrs. Front recounts stories from her childhood as well as her adult life, infuses them with humor, and entertains the reader.

Review

        Fans of Rebecca Front are going to love this book! Readers get to learn quite a bit about the actress, wife, and mother and will laugh along the way. I found myself laughing out loud on several occasions.

        I will admit, that from time to time, it did feel like Mrs. Front was “on her soap box” as the saying goes, but I'm pretty sure that it was all a part of the comedy (and she made some pretty good points).  Overall the book is worth the read. It’s full of fun anecdotes and even offers a great perspective on what it is like to live with claustrophobia.
 
         On a non-writing related praise: I have to say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE the cover art on this novel! The reference to Lewis Carroll's "Alice in Wonderland" with the tiny door and the white rabbit (named Flip Flop according to the book jacket :D) is just too cute!

 

Buy Curious

Until next time,

                Lizzie <3

No comments: