Thursday, April 26, 2012

House by Frank Peretti and Ted Dekker

Hello Bookworms!!
        I have another book to tell you about! House by Frank Peretti and Ted Dekker. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be giving it a very good review....

Summary:
      A young couple are on their way to counseling. Unfortunately, they brake down. Soon, they come to a house that has been converted into a bed and breakfast of sorts. The keepers of this home are rather.....odd. They decide to stay in the house, however, since another couple is staying there too. What none of them expected was that their stay would turn into a nightmare...soon.
     When a tin can with a frightening message written on it is thrown into the house by a terrifying, murderous madman, things become hostile fast. The man demands they play his game that has only 3 rules. Everyone must play this game, and the game ends at dawn...

Review:
     Okay bookworms....I'm sad to report that I truly hated this book....what's worse? I watched the movie too. If you are a horror fiction fan, then this book is for you. What did this book teach me? That I am NOT a horror fiction fan!
     There is one thing that I must say about this book: IT IS NOT FOR CHILDREN! I was probably seventeen or eighteen when I read this book and I couldn't sleep at night! It really is a freaky tale that was not meant for the faint hearted! Also, it does deal with a subject or two that is probably not appropriate for young minds.
     After my experience with House by Frank Peretti and Ted Dekker, I must say: As a horror fiction, I would give it 5 bookmarks because it did its job! As a pleasure read, I give it 0 bookmarks because there was nothing pleasurable about the experience of reading this book!





No comments: