Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Plight of the Darcy Brothers-Marsha Altman *SPOILER ALERTS!!*

Hello Bookworms!!,
            I have a new review for you!! I love love love this book! BUT! I have to start by telling you that this is the SECOND book in the Marsha Altman series and it does have a few SPOILERS in it!! I'll try to side step any but just in case I miss one or two I wanted you to be warned! :)

Summary
     What happened to Elizabeth and Jane after they became Mrs. Elizabeth Darcy and Mrs. Jane Bingley in Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice? Marsha Altman wants you to know...
      How much did we really know about Mr. Darcy and his family before Elizabeth married him? Not much. What type of parents did he have? What kind of life did he live as an heir of a rich family? Up until now, Darcy thought he knew who his father was...a rich upstanding man, with a respectable name....Unfortunately, his whole world is about to be turned upside down. The secrets of the Darcy family are about to be revealed, secrets that Fitzwilliam Darcy never expected. Even with the love and support of his dear Elizabeth, will this be more than Darcy can handle?  Find out in The Plight of the Darcy Brothers by Marsha Altman!

Review
     I am very particular when it comes to continuances of classics. I am bothered when a person takes the characters that  you've come to love and changes them. Marsha Altman was able to take the characters of Jane Austen and add to their story in such a way that, while there was a new story and new things unfolding, they spoke, moved, and reacted exactly the way you feel Ms. Austen would've wanted them to! I am absolutely in LOVE with this book by Marsha Altman! I give it 5 bookmarks!  Once I started reading, I couldn't put it down and I'm sure you won't be able to either! It is definitely a must-read!

A Note:
     This is the second book in the series. I would suggest that you start with the first book, The Darcy's and the Bingley's, before you read this book since it does spoil some of the surprises from the first book. This I found after I began reading the second book first and it was too late. :)


No comments: