Wednesday, September 25, 2013

A Case of Identity - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle


Hello Bookworms!,

            I have another of the Sherlock Holmes works for you today! It’s A Case of Identity by none other than Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

Summary:

            A young woman is heartbroken. She has fallen in love with a young man and now something has happened to him. Her father didn’t like the man but she can only think the best of him. The young lady has few people she can trust so she turns to the one man she thinks can solve the mystery, Mr. Sherlock Holmes. Holmes and Watson endeavor to find out what happened to the object of this young woman’s affection in A Case of Identity by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.





Review:

            I enjoyed reading A Case of Identity and it I believe will prove to be one of the more memorable for me. I have to admit that I liked it a bit more than I liked The Red-Headed League. I think that readers who are wanting to acquaint or reacquaint themselves with the stories of Sherlock Holmes will enjoy reading A Case of Identity.

 

** This is the book I am using to read the Sherlock Holmes stories. I like the layout of the book, the only drawback is that it is not a complete version of the original Sherlock Holmes works some of the short stories were not included. However, it does include the whole novel “The Hounds of Baskervilles” and the short stories are published in the same fashion as they originally were in The Strand with all the illustrations by Sidney Paget. At just $10 I recommend it to anyone who wants to become acquainted with the original Sherlock Holmes works for the first time like myself.

Links to Buy:
 
Until Next Time,
              Lizzie <3

No comments: