Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Summer 2011 Pick! Harry Potter Series!

Hey Everyone!!
     Sooooooo I have another great Summer 2011 Pick for you! What is it you ask? ITS THE HARRY POTTER SERIES!!! WOOOHOOOO!

The Summary:
     Harry Potter did not know that there was a magical world. He definitely didn't know he belonged in it or that he is "The Chosen One". So how does a young man manage growing up in a new world he never knew existed, at a school that teaches him things he never thought was possible, while an evil Dark Lord hunts him down to kill him??? With the help of his friends, Ron and Hermione, and a whole host of other characters, Harry sees that there is MUCH more to life than power and personal gain.

The review:
     Okay, so I know that a lot of people have been adverse to this series because they say its about witchcraft. In fact, its not. The magical part of it is really only the background that keeps the parts in between the action interesting. If you let your children see magicians or watch Disney movies, then you shouldn't have a problem with this series.
     Soooooo, I grew up reading this entire series! and I LOVE IT!! (Can anyone tell I'm starting this blog off with my favorites? LOLZ) J.K. Rowling has done a PHENOMINAL job at writing books that are fun and exciting that take you away to a world you've never even dreamed of! There's action, love, and mystery in this exciting 7-book series. Do I recommend it? YOU BET I DO! I give it 5 bookmarks!

No comments: